Sore throat is discomfort, pain or scratchiness in the throat. Sore throat often makes it painful to swallow. It is usually a symptom of bacterial or viral infection. Tonsilitis is inflamation of tonsils. It presents as red and swollen tonsils usually associated with sore throat and difficult or painful swallowing and may also be associated with fever and loss of voice.
HOME CARE :-
- Gargle with warm salt (1/2 teaspoon od salt in 1 glass of luke warm.)
- Stir honey and lemon in clean drinking water, then sip it. The honey coats and smoothes throat, and the lemon helps cut mucus.
- Suck hard candies or throat lozenges for smoothing.
- Avoid smoking and exposure to second hand smoke.
- Avoid gutkha & paan masala.